The Great Rift Valley Film Festival (GRIFF) seeks to celebrate and recognize artistic talent in the Great Rift Valley Regions, Kenya and the world at large through creating a platform for upcoming film makers to showcase their works while engaging in constructive forums and discourses on how best to develop the already vibrant local film industry. This year it is taking place from 17th July – 20th July.
Upcoming film makers also have an opportunity to interact and network with established film makers, potential partners and sponsors, government film agencies, local policy makers in film, visiting film experts from abroad etc which we believe will motivate, empower and put them in good stead to produce quality films in future.
By having this Festival, GRIFF also aim to add channels where local film makers can showcase their works and create a larger audience of local film lovers while taking film to the countryside where the trend has not yet caught on steam. Find out how to submit your films after the jump.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Great Rift Valley Film Festival calls for submission of local and international films for the Inaugural Edition slated for 17th July – 20th July in Nakuru, Kenya. GRIFF seeks to celebrate and recognize artistic talent through creating a platform for upcoming film makers in The Great Rift Valley Regions and the country at large to showcase their films and share ideas and best practices while partnering and networking with established film makers to improve the local film industry.
SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR FILMS
• Duly filled Submission Form
• Must be in DvD format.
• Must be accompanied by publicity material, i.e. stills, posters
• Non-English entries must be subtitled in English.
• Each film must be clearly labeled with the title of the film, genre, time duration, aspect ratio, name of filmmaker and contact person’s address.
• If you are entering more than one film, a separate entry form and DvD must be submitted for each film.
STILLS: Choose a still image from the film/video to represent the work. This still must be a form of 300 dpi or high-resolution TIFF files on CD. Label CD clearly with your name and the title of the work. These images are essential for festival press coverage and program design.
COPY RIGHTS: All music used in the films should be cleared of copy rights. Please fill out the music clearance form included with your submission. This letter states that your film has permission to use the specific songs or music.
SELECTION PROCESS: The Festival Programming Committee will select films for exhibition from entries. A separate jury of industry artists and professionals will evaluate and select the award recipients. Feel free to use this check list below to enter your submission.
• Completed submission form
• DVD copy (clearly labeled)
• Brief summary of film
• Brief biography of Filmmaker
• Still images and posters on CD
• Clearance letter from musician(s) stating approval of musical use.
Deadline for submission: Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013
All entries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR via Post Mail to:
The Programmes Cordinator
The Great Rift Valley Film Festival
P.O. Box 910 – 20100
OR delivered in person to:
Nakuru Players Theatre
Kipchoge Keino Avenue
Call +254 722 144 066
Room 25, 5th Floor
Call +254 724 814 278
• For the hand deliveries, ensure you sign the Submissions Book and get the contact of the Receiving Officer for your own benefit.
• Submission Forms are available at both the Nakuru and Nairobi offices.
Find out more from the GRIFF Facebook page and download the submission form from the document section.